Notecards are digital sticky pads that you can add to a workspace. You can customize notecards by selecting a range of colors and inserting text such as action items, meeting feedback, and decisions; you can even use specific colors to distinguish among each.
You can adjust the workspace color schemes to emphasize the notecard border or frame. For example, while the notecard drop shadow is more visible in light mode, the rounded edges are more evident when using dark mode.
Learn more: How to Change the Background Color of a Workspace.
- From the workspace toolbar, select (Notecard).
- From the Notecard modal, select a color. You can also create and select a custom color.
- Hover the cursor over the preferred workspace area and click or tap the workspace background to insert the notecard. The notecard and associated Text toolbar appear.
Note: By default, the text appears left justified at the top left of your notecard.
- Type in the notecard to add text.
- The text editor toolbar allows for further text customization, such as font, font size, styling, alignment, bullets and numbers, text color, highlight, or adding a hyperlink.
- Select the ‘X’ or click outside the notecard to save your changes.
For rapid notecard adding (and other shapes), you have several options:
- Select (Notecard).
- Place the notecard in your workspace.
- Add additional notecards to the left, right, or below by selecting the small blue dot on any side.
- Without any object selected in your workspace, right-click using your mouse to open the shortcut menu.
- Select Add notecard.
- Select a notecard.
- Press CTRL+D (CMD+D for Mac) on your keyboard to duplicate another notecard or select (More) in the notecard toolbar and select Duplicate.
- On the toolbar, select (Notecard).
- Select the color, then select the workspace area where you would like to place the notecard.
- Use your mobile keyboard to add text to the notecard.
To edit notecards using the mobile app, double-tap the notecard. The notecard menu appears. Use the commands below to edit your notecard.
See Notecard Toolbar for more information on the individual options.
- Use the Notecard toolbar to change the Shape, Colors, Card size, and Text.
- Use the Text toolbar to change the Font Size, Style, Alignment, and Color.
- To apply changes, select outside the notecard.
BluePro Tip: To quickly add or edit text on an individual notecard, double-click the notecard to enable text editing. When selecting one or multiple notecards, choosing (Edit text) will open the Text Toolbar - a time-saver for consistent text formatting across a group selection.
Expand to learn more about all options in the Notecard Toolbar.
|Change the shape of the notecard.|
|Change text or fill of the notecard. Choose from the default colors or add a custom color. From the color palette, select the dropdown arrow, which opens a secondary color panel. Select the + symbol to access a custom color picker, where you can enter a hexadecimal (hex) code or use the slider to select a hue.|
|Edit or add text to the notecard. Selecting this icon provides access to the Text toolbar.|
|Locks the notecard to its current workspace location.|
|React with an emoji on the notecard.|
|Add and view comments on the notecard.|
|View and select additional actions available based on the workspace object.|
The Text toolbar options allow you to edit specific text on the notecard.
You can copy cell content from .xls/.xlsx or .csv files, then paste this content into images, text, or notecards. This is useful if you need to copy spreadsheet content as text quickly.
To copy and paste spreadsheet content to notecards:
- Open an Excel spreadsheet and highlight the preferred Excel cells.
- Use the keyboard shortcuts – Ctrl+C (Windows) or Command+C (Mac) – to copy the spreadsheet content.
- Open the destination workspace.
- Use the keyboard shortcuts – Ctrl+V (Windows) or Command+V (Mac) – to paste the spreadsheet content.
- Select Notecard from the dialogue modal that opens.
Paste spreadsheet content as notecard (after customization):
Paste spreadsheet content as an image:
You can group select multiple notecards and export them to different file types, including ZIP, PNG, PDF, and CSV files.
For example, to export notecards to a .csv file:
- Group select multiple notecards.
- Select (More) to access a flyout menu.
- From this menu, select Export. Select CSV
- A CSV file exports to your local machine with the text from each notecard displayed in a separate cell.
Can I attach a notecard to another object?
Yes, you can. Learn about Attaching Workspace Assets.
Can I link my notecard to another object?
Yes. Learn about Linking Objects Together in a Workspace.
Ready to apply what you’ve learned? Go to Bluescape Home.