Are you having performance issues with a workspace? Maybe your workspace won’t open, or it’s being a little bit sluggish?
Let’s see what you can do to get your experience up to speed! Pun intended
Make sure you’re on a fast, reliable internet connection.
Is your browser up to date? If you are not using the latest version, be sure to update your browser.
Restart your browser. If your browser has been running for a long time, its application memory could impact Bluescape performance. Restarting the browser refreshes the application memory.
Open the workspace in a new Incognito or Private browser window, bypassing any environmental issues with your browser (e.g., corrupt cache or cookies and interference from browser extensions).
Note: If you’re using Chrome or Microsoft Edge and your browser doesn’t support this feature, you can try creating a new user profile.
Open the workspace in a different browser.
- Learn more: Supported Browser Requirements
Close all unnecessary browser tabs. Each tab uses additional memory that could impact Bluescape’s overall performance.
Disable any browser extensions, including ad-blocking extensions such as uBlock, AdBlock, and more that could affect Bluescape’s performance. Then restart your computer.
Note: In most cases, running a browser in Incognito/Private mode disables extensions, but users can set up extensions to run even in Incognito/Private mode.
- Learn more: Disabling Chrome Extensions.
Clear browser cookies and/or cache, then restart your browser.
- Learn more: Clearing Chrome Cache and Cookies.
If you still need help, there are a few things you can do:
- Search for keywords in the community to find answers to your questions.
- Ask a Support question in the community, and staff will respond promptly to your question.
If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, send the Bluescape Support team a private message and provide the following as much detail as possible.
- A detailed description of the issue. Please be as specific as possible.
Here are some examples:
- Instead of “freeze,” does the mouse stop responding? Can you switch tabs in the browser? Do other applications work as expected?
- Instead of “crash,” is there an error message? Did the window close? Is there a black screen
- Instead of “lag,” is it responding but just slowly? How slowly (5s vs 30s), and during what actions (loading, navigational panning/zooming, moving objects, typing text)?
- Steps to reproduce the issue.
- The URL to your workspace.
- A screenshot or video that shows the problem and any errors that show up.
- Frequency – Does this occur every time, occasionally, only from specific locations (i.e., home vs. office)?
- Number of users impacted.
- Is the issue specific to one workspace, or is it a larger/global issue?
Where to Next?
Not what you were looking for? Reply below or Search the community and discover more Bluescape.