Team Roles - Enterprise Plan

Understanding user permissions will enable you to manage who can make changes that may impact other users within your Team.

User Types

There are five user types at the Team level:

1. Owner
  2. Admin
  3. Member
  4. Visitor

Custom roles can be created based on the administrator and member role types. The table below describes the permissions for each built-in Team role.

User Roles

Built-in Role/Role Type Definition/Permissions Custom Roles Available?
Owner No.
Admin
  • Administrators have the same permissions as an Owner (listed above).
Yes. Admin-type custom roles.
Member Yes. Member-type custom roles.
Visitor No.

Statuses

There are three different statuses:

• Pending admin approval
  • Invited
  • Accepted

Invited members are invited but have not yet activated their accounts. Active users have created an account and can access your team.

Now, go try it in your workspace! :bluescape_home:

An email today informed me my access was changed from Visitor to Member, but this post does not explain the difference. Does this change allow me to access more functions?

Welcome, @burrittm :slight_smile: You are correct! This change allows you to access more functions. Specifically the ability to create and share workspaces with others.

I see what you mean by this topic not providing the information you are looking for. Our team will update it to make sure it’s easier to find the right information.

Great, thank you. Will the organizational roles post include any instructions on how to access and use these new functions?

Accessing the new functionality is automatic when you are upgraded to the new role. A topic I recommend reviewing is Sharing a Workspace (Web). As a member, sharing workspaces will be an important new function for you.

Great feedback about including direction to these articles from the organizational roles post. Thanks!