So many issues with recent updates

Sorting by Recently Used now brings old, unused workspaces to the top, as does sorting by Last Modified. The new placement of the workspace ‘search’ to the very top has everyone baffled trying to find it because it’s now the only way to find a workspace. I myself looked for it for several minutes before realizing it was up there. And the Help button now does nothing but tell "About’ what version of Bluescape I’m on. I’m a huge Bluescape lover and biggest promoter in my company, but lately, it seems like Bluescape’s updates are breaking more functionality than they are adding. Quite often, myself or my team will be in a workspace and suddenly can no longer click out of the “Hand” mode to be able to select things. We have to close the workspace and re-open it to solve that. The list goes on. I’m hoping everyone is letting Bluescape know of issues like this because I will say they are really good about solving them one they are brought up.

Hi @Sarah_Lubeck thank you so much for your product feedback about the recent changes to your Bluescape Home. We do listen and appreciate the feedback and are always working to improve the product to be the best experience for our customers. :+1:

Here are some quick updates:

Workspace Sorting
We have some good news - the team is aware of the issues you’re experiencing with the sorting of workspaces. There should be a fix coming in the next release so that workspaces are sorted by the date they were last accessed. So please stay tuned for that.

Bluescape Home Updates:
I’ve reached out to @Noah_Blank who is the knowledge expert and product manager for Bluescape Home. He will be in touch about upcoming improvements or updates.

Pan Mode vs. Select Mode
As for the issues you’re experiencing, are you able to reproduce this issue and provide us the steps it takes that cause you to experience this?

With the most recent September release, Bluescape now remembers your settings when you click Pan (hand button). If you wish to move to Pan quickly and return to Select, we recommend holding your spacebar button down to switch from Select to Pan, then releasing it when you wish to move back into Select.

Thanks for being a promoter and lover of Bluescape. :raised_hands:

You can always submit more feedback in the Product Feedback category. Other community members can add their votes on your feedback to help our team prioritize product changes.

Thank you! The spacebar doesn’t work when it gets stuck on Pan. Nothing does! We all are in Chrome on iMacs if that is helpful at all. And great news that you guys are aware of the other issues. I have a big group of new people ready to train but I don’t dare until everything is working properly or they won’t want to take the leap! :slight_smile:

Hi Sarah,

It’s great to see you in the Community & hear that you have a new group that is ready to use Bluescape! I would like to share Bluescape’s basic troubleshooting steps and learn more about the issue that you are experiencing with the pan feature.

Can you provide a detailed description of the issue? Please try to be as specific as possible.

• What is the current version of your Mac OS & Google Chrome?
  • Is the issue specific to one workspace, or is it a larger/global issue?
  • Are you able to toggle between Pan & Select modes by pressing the keyboard shortcuts “V” for Select & “H” for Pan?
  • Which option is illuminated blue on the navigation toolbar when the issue occurs?
  • Does your mouse cursor change from the Pan “Hand” to the “Select” arrow?

If the issue persists after performing Bluescape’s suggested basic troubleshooting steps, I would be more than happy to start a support case directly with you via email to further investigate.

Cody! I’ve missed you! LOL

I am traveling over the next few weeks (at Haworth next week actually) and Im scrambling to prep for the trip but here are my short answers:

• What is the current version of your Mac OS & Google Chrome?
    Chrome is up to date. Version 106.0.5249.103 (Official Build) (x86_64)

· Is the issue specific to one workspace, or is it a larger/global issue? Nope it’s global. Driving us nuts lol

· Are you able to toggle between Pan & Select modes by pressing the keyboard shortcuts “V” for Select & “H” for Pan? I’ll try that I always either click the icons or use the space bar. It’s intermittent so I can’t make it happen right now

· Which option is illuminated blue on the navigation toolbar when the issue occurs? The hand. We can’t it to switch off the damn hand. However reopening the wokspace solves it every time.

· Does your mouse cursor change from the Pan “Hand” to the “Select” arrow? Nope not when this is happening

1 Like

OMG it’s happening now LOL perfect timing. No the V and H don’t work

@Sarah_Lubeck Thank you for the feedback, and please accept our deepest apologies for the trouble you’ve been experiencing. We are working diligently to improve the overall Bluescape experience for our users. Feedback like yours is essential in helping us improve our platform.
As far as sorting, we are aware of a bug which results in inaccurate results. This issue will be resolved in the October 2022 release, scheduled for Friday, October 14th. Please let us know if you are still seeing this issue after the release. The search bar was relocated to the top of the page because search has been redesigned as a global search tool which can query all workspaces from all teams and personal spaces to which you may belong. We also introducing tool tips, which will be out before the end of the year which are designed to demonstrate to users the core functionality of Bluescape Home. Those should help navigating your way around Bluescape Home, so that you can make best use of the new functionality.

Hi Sarah,

I hope you are having safe travels! Thank you very much for the update. To be sure that we identify the root cause and provide a resolution, I will open a support case directly with you shortly via email to further communication regarding the issue you are experiencing with the Pan feature.

Yes sorry I am so behind on email right now. Ann from my team reached out to support in detail on the issue so they may have made some progress I haven’t had a chance to check yet.

1 Like

Hi Sarah,

It appears we have not received a response from Ann. Would you mind adding Ann to the existing case email chain that was started on behalf of this topic?

Best regards,
Cody

Hi Cody, Ann here. I did receive a couple of responses to my comment about text being tiny tiny, whether on a notecard or standalone text. Your tech agreed with my hunch that the latest font size update is great for workspaces assuming the starting zoom is 25% but somehow we have been working in spaces that are <1% zoom. In that case text won’t go bigger. So I copy existing text or notecard as a template. I intend to create future workspaces at minimum 25% however that doesn’t help when we are constantly working in the spaces that were built <1%. Thanks.

Hello @acdouglass,

Hi Cody, Ann here. I did receive a couple of responses to my comment about text being tiny tiny, whether on a notecard or standalone text. Your tech agreed with my hunch that the latest font size update is great for workspaces assuming the starting zoom is 25% but somehow we have been working in spaces that are <1% zoom. In that case text won’t go bigger. So I copy existing text or notecard as a template. I intend to create future workspaces at minimum 25% however that doesn’t help when we are constantly working in the spaces that were built <1%. Thanks.

Thank you very much for the update. It appears a separate case was created for the issue you explained above. Please note that the case I have open currently with Sarah relates to the inability to toggle between our “Pan” and “Select” features without reloading the workspace. Can you please confirm if you are also experiencing this issue or if it would be best to wait for Sarah to finish her travels to communicate further?

I was having similar issue as Sarah wrote about but not happening lately.

Thanks for checking, and hope to hear about a solution for the tiny text soon.

Best,
Ann

1 Like

Hi @acdouglass,

Our Product Manager @Vivek.Acharya responded in a separate Product Feedback topic related to your question for tiny text. Regarding the inability to toggle between our “Pan” and “Select” features, I will add you to the existing Support email chain we have started for Sarah to capture additional information to investigate further.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.