Font size - web and app - too tiny and no scalable

On the web or on Mac app, as of today font size for inserting text or adding text to notecard is TINY and not scaling as previously.

First off, thank you so much for your feedback.

We are always gather feedback on how our text functions across shapes and notecards and want to make this as easy as possible. With recent changes to the text, we are giving both font and shape sizing controls to the user. Once it is set, the system will remember and apply the same font and shape sizing for the subsequent once you add.

Having said that, we’ve received similar feedback from other users to support scaling with shapes/notecards. To help us prioritize changes in the product, please vote on feedback topics you’d also like to see. We keep a close eye on these topics for opportunities for enhancements within our product.

Thank you for being so patient.

1 Like

I have been working in a space that is less than 1% zoomed - is that connected to trouble with font size? I tested a new space at 25% and font size is ok and I am able to adjust size and it is remembered, which I believe is what the latest update did.

My team has a number of workspaces that have so much stuff in them and we’ve been working at 1% (none of this is for presentation - just viewing on our monitors).

If the view size is indeed the issue how do we continue working in our spaces that are already set up for 1%?

Thank you.

Hi @acdouglass

With more context, it does seem what you’re experiencing is zoom-related. :mag:

I’ve reached out to a member of our product team to see if they have any recommendations for working in spaces that have already been set up at 1% zoom.

In the meantime, below is the most recent documentation that outlines the zoom functionality of your workspaces.

https://community.bluescape.com/t/zoom-functionality-in-a-bluescape-workspace/2517

We’ll respond once we hear back with any recommendations - appreciate your patience :slight_smile:

Hi @acdouglass

We appreciate all the feedback.

We have had internal discussions to work out a solution to what you are experiencing. The development team is working on a solution to bring back auto fit for text. We don’t have a timeline to share yet, but know that we are taking these feedbacks seriously and are working on improvements to the feature.

We recommend you create text within shapes or notecards when in default zoom (25%) so the text fits nicely within the containers.

Noted, thanks so much.