Important notice: Legacy Wall Client Update Required
To facilitate the auto-update process from the legacy wall application to the new Bluescape for Large Display, administrators are required to manually complete a specific step to ensure that the legacy wall is equipped with the latest client version released in October.
- Sign in to the computer with the existing legacy wall installed using your admin credentials.
- Launch the Bluescape Enterprise Wall application.
- Update the application to the latest version released in October.
Please ensure these steps are performed before November 9, 2023. Failure to update the legacy wall client results in the software becoming non-operational and no longer receiving automatic updates to the latest Bluescape for Large Display application.
Users who update their wall client with the 23.11.1 update should be aware of a known issue.
The Bluescape app for large touch displays brings your workspaces to life on touchscreen displays, providing a dynamic and engaging way to interact with your content. If you haven’t installed the application already, learn how to install Bluescape on a large touch display.
There are some differences compared to using Bluescape on the desktop app or the Web, so understanding when to use which one is important.
While the Web and desktop are great for content creation, large touch displays are ideal for content review. Use it when you’re actively collaborating with others to review or present content, whether participants are onsite or remote.
Bluescape on the Web or desktop app is best suited for:
- Uploading content
- Organizing content
- Leading other people through a presentation
Bluescape on a large touch display is best suited for:
- Showcasing presentations
- Holding group meetings
- Requiring a large touch physical space to visualize content
When using a large touch display, you have two options for the types of workspaces you can interact with. A new workspace created from the display or an existing workspace sent to the display from your personal device (laptop or mobile). If you have created a new workspace on the large touch display, learn how to Claim your workspace.
Note: You are not screen sharing when you send a workspace to a large touch display. Instead, the display becomes a participant in the workspace that can add, remove, and fully interact in the space as if it was another member.
Touch gestures in Bluescape react like any other touchscreen device you likely use, whether your mobile device or tablet.
There are two main gestures to navigate within the workspace on a large touch display:
Pinching the screen allows you to zoom in or out of your view of the workspace - sometimes called scrolling in or out. To zoom in, place your index finger and thumb on the screen and bring them toward each other. To zoom out, reverse the motion and spread your index finger and thumb apart.
Note: Any given object’s minimum and maximum size is based on its native resolution.
To move your view of the workspace, place one finger on the workspace background and drag in whatever direction you want. To stop, lift your fingers from the screen.
There are five touch gestures for interacting with your content on a large touch display:
- Long touch
- Long touch and drag
- Moving assets
- Resizing assets
Each gesture allows you to interact with the assets in the workspace differently.
A tap activates a button or asset. Only certain assets are actionable via tap. For example, tapping features on the toolbar opens them. In addition, tapping the play button on a video starts the video, or tapping on a link in the browser navigates to the new page.
To tap, press your finger on an asset or button for less than a second and lift it up. This gesture is the equivalent of a single click with your mouse when using a computer.
A long touch on the workspace background opens a shortcut menu, while a long touch on a workspace object automatically selects it and opens the objects’ overflow menu.
For long touch, press your finger and hold for two seconds or more. This gesture is equivalent to the right-click button on your mouse when using a computer.
Long touch and then dragging creates a blue bounding box allowing you to group select assets in the workspace.
To move a single object:
- Tap to select the object and then drag it to the new location.
Note: A browser object has a navigation icon. Instead of tapping and dragging the browser object, tap and drag the navigation icon to move the browser.
To move multiple objects:
- Long touch and drag to create a blue bounding box around the objects. Once grouped, drag the objects to the new location.
- When you tap and drag the corner of an asset, you can resize it.
- To shrink an asset, tap one finger on any corner of an asset, then drag your finger inward.
- To enlarge an asset, tap one finger on any corner of an asset, then drag your finger outward.
Using Bluescape on a large touch display means you have much more real screen estate to work with simultaneously. From the workspace toolbar, using the Gather toolbars feature creates a seamless experience, so you don’t have to worry about walking back and forth to access different features.
There are two ways to gather the toolbars:
- If you are near the workspace toolbar, select (Gather toolbars). Notice that the top toolbars move closer to you, making it easier to access features like lead, meet now, and comments.
- Long touch on the workspace background if you are not near the workspace toolbar. On the menu that opens, select Gather toolbars.
- To return the toolbars to their original location, select (Gather toolbars) again.