Planning a Trip to Brazil 🇧🇷

My girlfriend and I are visiting Brazil, and there is a lot to plan…

I created a visual board to quickly look at pictures I liked during my research and make decisions in the moment, depending on where you are.

Why travel planning feels like a chore and how to make it not

One of the biggest problems with planning trips is that they are usually organized either in a calendar or some sort of chat. The issue with both of these methods is that neither of them is visually friendly. Additionally, you usually don’t end up doing everything you set out to do.

The biggest benefit to using Bluescape is to turn what is normally a less exciting process into a beautiful, visual one. :star_struck:

Nobody wants to do all the planning by themself

If any of this resonates with you, then you might enjoy planning a trip this way:

• Anyone can get into a Bluescape workspace - just share the link or invite collaborators. Usually, one person manages the planning of a trip, which is no fun. :-1:

• Collaborators can work on it at any time (synchronous or asynchronous) - speeds things up in the long run, especially when planning last-minute trips - drop-and-go deals are the best! :moneybag:

• It’s a fun activity that you can do together. :computer: + :wine_glass: = :partying_face:

• You can even share :eyes: a link to your workspace with a travel agent, or have a virtual meeting with them in the workspace to discuss your ideal vacation (with all your research and moodboards, and whatever else right there).

How I pulled together all my trip research for everyone to review

1. Create some structure with canvases, text headings, and an easy-to-understand layout (columns, a grid…whatever suits your fancy).

2. Wherever you’re finding ideas and inspiration, you can add what you’ve found into a workspace. Upload images and videos, then add website pages, hotel reviews, then even more detail like links to accommodation pricing and airfare searches, etc.

3. Add additional tidbits using notecards :notecard: to give perspective to other viewers (or notes to yourself in case your memory is overworked as you prep and plan).

4. Decorate! (optional :joy: )

More than one way to plan a trip in Bluescape

Someone else I know had the same idea a while back. Of course, because Bluescape is so versatile, it works for you however you work. Read his Eastern California trip planning post.

After the trip, I plan to come back and add pictures I took and mark off the spots I visited.

Now, go try it in your workspace! :bluescape_home:

2 Likes

Wow, that sounds like an amazing way to plan a trip! I love the idea of a visual board and collaborating with others to make the planning process more fun and efficient. Thanks for sharing this, I’ll definitely give it a try for my next trip. Have a great time in Brazil! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like