Web Browser Found that “Bluescape Screen Casting” Contains Malware
The Bluescape Screen Casting extension was used before screen sharing became readily available within a workspace. The extension is obsolete and not available for download anymore on any of the Web browsers. Users who have not removed the “Bluescape Screen Casting” extension will receive the following message:
Malware scanning software can have false positives and, Bluescape believes this is an occurrence of a false positive.
How to Remove the Web Browser Extension
- Open Google Chrome.
- Select More More tools > Extensions.
- Next to the “Bluescape Screen Casting” extension, select Remove.
- To confirm, select Remove.
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click the ellipses button (three dots) in any window and select “Extensions” from the menu that appears.
- In the “Extensions” tab, Click remove on the “Bluescape Screen Casting” extension.
- Open Firefox.
- Click the menu button, click Add-ons and Themes.
- Click Extensions.
- Locate the “Bluescape Screen Casting” extension & click the ellipsis (3-dot) icon, select remove.
If you have any further questions regarding Malware, please feel free to contact Bluescape Security at: firstname.lastname@example.org