|Some features included in this release may not apply to your team/organization. If you’re unsure whether your team/organization has a certain feature, please reach out to your IT department.|
|These changes are scheduled to go live on Friday, May 13 after 9 pm PST for impacted organizations.|
It’s May! The weather is warmer, the days are getting longer, and we have some exciting features in this month’s Bluescape release!
We’re releasing our Bluescape desktop application for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS. The application includes MyBluescape, Workspace, and Meet functionality. This allows you to do everything you would normally do on the Web but in its own native application.
NOTE: This is a beta version of the Bluescape Desktop Application, which is still undergoing final testing before its official release.
Webex users are now able to add a Bluescape workspace tab in any Webex meeting.
Learn more: Add Your Workspace to Webex Spaces
Full and partial Eraser support (Web only) is available in the workspace. This allows you to delete part or all of a stroke. There are no changes to the existing Eraser feature on Wall.
Learn more: Workspace Overview
In Bluescape, previous to this release, you could see a redundant title at the top-center of the canvas and a header to the upper left of the canvas. Now, only the editable header appears at the top-left of the canvas.
As of the May release, when you long-touch within Bluescape, the right-select menu that would appear when using a mouse is now present.
Learn More: The Bluescape Wall - Long Touch
In the May release, we’ve enhanced the selection behavior of transparent shapes:
- Clicking on a shape border or within the bounds of any text in the shape does not count as transparency and intercepts the selection.
- If no other object is below, shape A is selected.
- If an opaque object (anything that is not a shape without a fill) is below, the opaque object is selected.
- If another transparent shape is below, the shape with the smaller area is selected.
For ease of use, the color picker for Fill and Border for all shapes and text has been changed to a tabbed design.
Where to Next?
- Help improve existing features - Share your suggestions in Product Feedback
- Drive discussion around a new feature idea - Share your Wishlist suggestion
- Search the community and discover more Bluescape
If you’re excited about these new features, click the heart to like this topic!