Microsoft Teams meetings are the default meeting provider with the recent Outlook update. When you schedule a meeting, a Teams meeting is added automatically.
We understand this creates confusing meeting invitations when a Bluescape meeting is also added. We have provided the necessary steps to disable the MS Teams automatic scheduler to solve this.
- In Outlook, select File and then Options.
- Select the Add-ins tab of the Outlook Options dialog box.
- Confirm that Microsoft Teams Meeting Add-in for Microsoft Office is listed in the Active Application Add-ins list.
- If the Teams Meeting Add-in is listed in the Active Application Add-ins list, select Disabled Items in Manage.
- Select COM add-ins and then select Go….
- Uncheck the checkbox next to Microsoft Teams Meeting Add-in for Microsoft Office.
- Select OK and restart Outlook.
- Select the Outlook menu at the top of your display.
- Select Preferences.
- Under the category, select Calendar.
- Select Configure next to Add online meeting to all events.
- Ensure the Add online meeting to all meetings is not selected.
- Click Save.
If you have not installed our Bluescape Outlook plugin, we recommend doing so to schedule one-click meetings quickly.