|Bluescape Home now offers a more intuitive experience for administrator workflows. Access them today and say goodbye to Configuration Center, which is leaving in August. Learn more.|
A watermark is a text overlay on assets in a Bluescape workspace - such as documents, images, and videos - and can be set to appear as subtle or prominent as desired. Watermarks are a gentle deterrent to prevent illicit screen sharing and screen capturing. By default, the watermark displays the email address of the person viewing the workspace and is visible only in the workspace view. If you download a workspace document that includes a watermark, this imprint is not visible on the downloaded document.
Similarly, if you upload a document into a workspace with no imprint, the watermark is visible only once the upload is complete. Videos with watermarks can have the watermark burned in when downloaded. This paid feature should be discussed with Bluescape Sales. At this time, downloaded images and documents do not support burnt-in watermarking.
Note: The Watermarking feature is only available to Bluescape customers under the Pro, Business, and Enterprise plans. See Bluescape Pricing for more information.
When watermarking is turned on for a Team, it is enabled in all associated workspaces. Members are unable to toggle it on or off for a specific workspace.
To enable watermarking:
- Log in to Bluescape Home as a team owner or administrator.
- Navigate to the team you wish to enable watermarking on. Select Workspace settings and scroll down to the Watermark section.
- Enter text in the Watermark Description field. There is a 45-character maximum.
- Set the desired opacity to control the visibility of the watermark.
The following watermark information appears on all workspace documents, images, video, and other assets, as well as each page on extracted pages for documents:
- Email address of the member viewing the workspace
- Watermark description - Reflects the information entered in the workspace settings.
- Date and Time - Updated each minute by the member’s workspace.
- Member’s IPV4 or IPV6 address
Watermark placement is the same for each asset type. However, the watermark size adjusts based on the asset aspect ratio. Depending on the watermark’s text and hue, it may not be immediately visible, and you may need to zoom in for the watermark to come into view. Alternatively, Team admins can increase its opacity in Bluescape Home.
Watermarks are also reflected on large displays. The member who sends their workspace to the wall has their email and IP address associated with the assets on the large display.
Where to Next?
Not what you were looking for? Reply below or Search the community and discover more Bluescape.