|This topic is not relevant to all Bluescape members and may not apply to all Organizations. If you’re unsure whether your Organization has this integration, please reach out to your IT department.|
Your workflows in ShotGrid (formerly Shotgun) are now integrated with Bluescape! ShotGrid is an Autodesk application for creative project management of film, TV, and games. The integration enables you to send ShotGrid versions, assets, playlists, and shots to a Bluescape workspace.
The Bluescape integration with ShotGrid must be configured by administrative members of both Bluescape and ShotGrid. If this feature is not visible, contact your IT department. The installation flow is as follows:
- A Bluescape Instance Admin must turn on the ShotGrid integration feature. This allows the ShotGrid option to appear in the Integrations page of the Configuration Center for the Bluescape Organization Admin to interact with.
- The ShotGrid Admin must configure the script that manages security controls and allows the Bluescape integration to access ShotGrid APIs.
- A ShotGrid Admin must configure the Action Menu item that sends ShotGrid content to Bluescape.
- A Bluescape Organization Admin must enable the integration in the Configuration Center.
The ShotGrid Admin must create a new script in ShotGrid. This manages security controls and allows Bluescape to access ShotGrid APIs for the integration.
To configure the ShotGrid script:
As a ShotGrid Admin, click your member avatar in the top-right corner of the screen in ShotGrid.
A context menu opens. Click Scripts in the Admin section.
The Scripts page opens. Click the Add Script button.
The Create a new Script pop-up window opens.
Enter the desired Script Name . You will need to provide this to the Bluescape Organization Admin later to enable the integration. Note that the script name is case sensitive.
Enter an optional Description .
Enter your email address in the Maintainer email field.
Set the Permission Group to the desired permission level.
An Application Key is automatically generated. Click the Copy to Clipboard option, as you will need to provide this key to the Bluescape Organization Admin. This will provide OAuth authentication for the integration.
When you are finished, click the Create Script button.
When you right-click ShotGrid content (such as playlists, assets, versions, and shots), an action menu is available. The options in this action menu can be configured by a ShotGrid Admin. In this case, the admin must set Bluescape as the endpoint.
To configure the right-click Action Menu item for Bluescape from ShotGrid:
- As a ShotGrid Admin, click your member avatar in the top-right corner of the screen in ShotGrid.
- A context menu opens. Click Action Menu Items in the Admin section.
- The Action Menu Items page opens. Click the Add Action Menu… . button.
- The Create a new Action Menu Item pop-up window opens.
- Click the Entity Type field. Select the desired ShotGrid entity from the drop-down menu (such as Asset , Version , Playlist , or Shot ). Ensure that it matches the entity type in the title you typed above.
- Enter the URL for the destination where you will send the ShotGrid content in Bluescape. If you are using the standard Bluescape SaaS offering, enter the following URL: https://transfer.apps.us.bluescape.com/api/v3/ami. If you are using Bluescape on a Private Instance, contact your IT department and request URL. For more information, see Bluescape Architecture.
- Leave the Light Payload checkbox deselected; selecting it causes errors from not sending sufficient data to process the upload.
- Click the More fields option.
- Click the Selection Required option from the field list.
- The Selection Required field appears. Ensure the adjacent checkbox is selected.
- Click the More fields option again.
- Click the Secret Token option from the field list.
- The Secret Token field appears. Enter your secret token and provide it to the Bluescape Organization Admin.
After an Instance Admin has turned on the ShotGrid setting, a Bluescape Organization Admin can configure the integration.
To configure the ShotGrid integration in Bluescape:
- As a Bluescape Organization Admin, navigate to the Integrations page of the Configuration Center.
- You should see the ShotGrid icon. If you do not, contact Bluescape Support. Click Enable under the ShotGrid icon.
- The Enable ShotGrid Integration pop-up window opens. Enter your unique ShotGrid instance URL in the ShotGrid Instance field.
- Enter your Script Name . You can receive that value from the ShotGrid Admin from step 5 in the instructions to configure the ShotGrid script (above).
- Enter the Application Key . The ShotGrid Admin can provide that to you from the value they copied in step 9 in the instructions to configure the ShotGrid script (see above).
- Enter the ShotGrid Version attribute that you want to use to pull ShotGrid content from to push into Bluescape. For example, “sg_uploaded_movie” or “sg_uploaded_movie_mp4”. For more information on how to find this value, see below.
- Enter the Action Menu Secret Token . The ShotGrid Admin can provide it to you from step 9 in the instructions to configure the Action Menu item (see above).
- When you are finished, click the OK button.
To find your ShotGrid Version information for the ShotGrid integration:
- Navigate to the Assets page in ShotGrid.
- Click on one of the assets in the list.
- A list of Versions within the Asset displays. Click the Fields button to add a field to the list.
- A context menu opens. Scroll down to the Uploaded Movie option and click to select it.
- Scroll over to the new Uploaded Movie column and hover your mouse over the i (information) icon.
- A pop-up text box appears with the ShotGrid Version value displayed at the top. In the example below, it is sg_uploaded_movie.