Whether working remotely or hybrid, you or your team can use these virtual rooms to collaborate. You can designate each workspace you create for different projects or audiences. Below outlines the many functions accessible from within a workspace.
Note: If your Organization does not support the related functionality, some icons may not appear.
Select (Options) and a drop-down menu will appear then there are a series of options you can customize to suit your workspace.
Learn the functions of each menu option here: Menu Options in the Workspace.
This feature allows you to search for assets in a workspace, either by canvas or everything. You also can sort assets and filter to narrow your search.
- Select (Search), located in the top left of the workspace.
- The Search panel opens.
What search looks like on a Web client:
What search panel looks like on a Wall client:
- To search by canvas, remain on the Canvas tab (the default). Click the Everything tab to search for all assets (including canvases).
- Enter keywords in the Search field.
- The results appear below the Search field.
You can also sort and filter your search results. To sort or filter your results:
- Click the (Filter) icon in the Search panel.
- For the Canvases tab, the Sort by field displays. Click to open the drop-down menu.
- For the Everything tab, the Sort By and Filter By fields display.
The Sort by field contains a drop-down menu to order search results by Best match or Last modified. Best match places those results that most closely match the search terms you entered at or near the top of the results list, with results that only partially match appearing further down in the list. Last modified orders the results based on the last time you changed them, regardless of how well the asset matches the search terms. Best match is the default setting in this field.
You can add filters to the search results based on the type of asset that you are seeking. Select one or multiple asset types, and the search results will only display those asset types. You can clear these filters at any time by clicking the X button next to the category in the Filter By field.
You can use the Search feature to locate the following assets:
- None – Default selection for the Search filter. Selecting None displays all asset types in search results. This action removes all filters from a previous search.
- Canvases – Search by canvas name.
- Comments – Search for words that appear in workspace comments.
- Document – Search for MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel files by title only. The search engine does not detect words included in the Document itself.
- Image – Search for images based on their titles.
- Notecard or Shape – Search for words that appear in any workspace notecards or shapes.
- PDF – Search for PDFs by title only . The search engine does not detect words in the PDF files.
- Text – Search for words that appear in any workspace text box.
- Videos – Search for YouTube videos by title.
- Website – Search for URLs by content. Search results display any workspace browser containing the search term in the URL.
Select any of the search results, and the workspace will Pan to the location of the corresponding asset. Search is a helpful and straightforward way to navigate workspace assets, especially for densely populated workspaces.
You can interact with your workspace on a Wall for our premium collaboration experience in either a conference room, executive briefing center, or other group space.
To send a workspace to a Wall from within the workspace:
- Select (Send to Wall) in the top left of the workspace.
- The Send to Wall pop-up window opens. Enter the PIN for the Wall.
- Select Send to Wall or press Enter to send the workspace to a Wall.
Note: A Wall’s PIN changes every time a member enters or leaves a workspace as a security feature. You can access a Wall without worrying about your meeting being interrupted or someone accidentally sending a workspace to the same Wall you are using.
You can also Send to Wall from My Bluescape.
You can perform several functions to view and manage workspace collaborators, such as adding collaborators to a workspace, leading a workspace, and changing a collaborator’s role from within a workspace. Learn all about Collaborating in Bluescape.
Start or join a Bluescape Meeting from a workspace. Collaborate in real-time with teams within your Organization, or invite visitors.
Note: Collaborators must have access to the workspace before joining the Bluescape Meeting.
Commenting on assets allows your team to leave annotation messages on content throughout the workspace. It’s easy to share ideas, leave editing notes, and more.
Learn about adding and building workspace content. Click to play the video.
Workspaces are central repositories where all project materials can be stored, reviewed, and updated. You can add the following content to a workspace via the Web and Wall clients:
|Content Asset||Added on Web||Added on a Wall||Viewed on a Wall|
|Shapes, Lines, and Arrows||Yes||No||No|
|Microsoft Word files||Yes||No*||Yes|
|Microsoft PowerPoint files||Yes||No*||Yes|
|Microsoft Excel files||Yes||No*||Yes|
*This content cannot be added from a Wall, though it will be displayed on the Wall when first added using the Web client or mobile app.
**To access ready-made and custom templates on the Wall, you must be sending a workspace in a Template-enabled Organization to the Wall.
Learn more about the Workplace Content Toolbar.
Pan and Zoom controls live in the bottom right corner of a workspace. The (Pan) tool allows you to click, release, or select and drag content from one location to another. In Pan mode, you can move freely around a workspace. Select Pan or use the spacebar keyboard shortcut to activate. It is enabled when (Pan) is illuminated. Select it again to toggle back to
Located in the bottom right corner of your workspace, the zoom menu allows you to increase or decrease your workspace view.
Note: Minimum workspace zoom is 5%, and maximum workspace zoom is 400%.
From the zoom menu, there are a few options to choose from:
- Zoom in - to magnify a workspace and view less content
- Zoom out - to view more workspace content
- Zoom to 100%
- Zoom to 25% (Default)
- Fit all content - zooms out to display all of your workspace content.
- Fit selection - zooms to the selected object in your workspace.
- Fit to canvas - zooms to the canvas based on your selection.
Alternatively, you can also use the keyboard shortcuts associated with each zoom function.
Note: Workspaces use dynamic zoom, meaning that as you add more content, you can zoom out further. Zoom control levels do not impact the size of an asset.
Touch navigation differs from web and wall clients. Learn more about touch navigation on The Bluescape Wall.
You can return to Bluescape Home at any time by selecting (Bluescape Home) in the top left corner of the workspace.
Where to Next?
Not what you were looking for? Reply below or Search the community and discover more Bluescape.