|This topic may not be relevant to all Bluescape users and may not apply to all Organizations. If you’re unsure whether your Organization has any of these features, please reach out to your IT department.|
Learn about Bluescape Meetings. Click to play the video.
Bluescape features a native web conferencing tool that uses your computer microphone and camera to communicate virtually with collaborators. You can schedule a meeting in Outlook with the Bluescape plugin. You can also can start or join a meeting directly from the My Bluescape home page or from within a workspace.
Note: To host or join meetings in Bluescape, your browser must support WebRTC. WebRTC is supported on Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera browsers (but not Internet Explorer). If meetings are not supported on your browser, its icon is disabled and unavailable for selection.
You can start a meeting from the My Bluescape home page. You can then invite other users by copying the meeting URL/dial-in information and sending it directly to them.
To start a meeting from My Bluescape:
- Click the Start new meeting button from the top banner on the My Bluescape home page. You can also press J on your keyboard (this is the shortcut to start a meeting).
The Join call? (meeting lobby) pop-up window opens. From here, you can enable or disable your microphone and camera before joining the meeting by clicking the
and icons, respectively. In the image below, the microphone is enabled, while video is not.
(Optional) To configure your microphone and camera settings, click the (Gear) icon.
The Audio & Video Settings area opens. Use the Microphone, Speaker, and Camera drop-downs to configure your settings.
To invite collaborators to the meeting, copy the link in the Invite people by sharing this link field by clicking the icon. Share the link with desired participants. For more information, see Joining a Bluescape Meeting as a Visitor.
When you are ready, click the Join call button.
The meeting panel opens, and the meeting begins. You are now the meeting host. The time signature at the top indicates the duration of the meeting, while the number in parentheses indicates the number of participants. Participant’s names are displayed in a list.
You can control your meeting experience with various settings.
- To enable an audible chime to indicate when a new participant joins the meeting, click the (More options) icon at the top-right of the meeting panel, then click the Enable audio notifications option in the context menu.
- To activate or inactivate your video feed, click the
(Video) icon in the bottom toolbar. Your camera is disabled if the icon has a slash through it and a red dot in the upper right. You can view the video feed of 16 users at a time.
- To mute or unmute your audio, click the (Audio) icon. Your audio is muted if the icon has a slash through it and a red dot in the upper right.
Note: You are still active in the meeting even if both the camera and microphone inputs are disabled.
Meetings in a workspace are useful for hosting in the same place that contains your presentation materials and meeting notes. Plus, invitees can easily reference materials long after the meeting ends.
Note: Collaborators must have access to the workspace before joining the Bluescape Meeting. Learn how to add and remove collaborators.
To start or join a meeting from a workspace:
- Click the (Call) icon in the workspace, or press J on your keyboard.
- The meeting panel opens, and the session begins. Follow steps 2-6 for “Starting or Joining a Meeting for My Bluescape” described above.
You can quickly invite other Bluescape users to your meeting by copying the meeting URL and/or dial-in information and providing it to the desired participants.
Note: Workspace collaborators who are currently in the workspace are not automatically added to a meeting you start; instead, they must click the Call icon to join the meeting.
To share the meeting information:
Click the (More options) icon at the top-right of the meeting panel.
A context menu opens. Click the Meeting information option.
Note: The context menu will have different options depending on if you are a host or an attendee. Check out all host controls for Meetings here.
- The Meeting information window opens, displaying the following:
- Meeting ID
- Link- URL to access the meeting.
- Dial-in options- Phone numbers to access the meeting by phone. Note that the phone numbers are links, and clicking or tapping one will automatically dial the meeting number and enter the meeting password, admitting you to the meeting via phone.
4. To share the above information, click the Copy meeting information button. All of the information is then copied to your clipboard and available to paste.
To copy only the meeting URL, click the icon next to the link.
You can also share the meeting link from the meeting lobby. To copy the meeting URL, click the (share) icon in the meeting lobby.
The meeting link is then copied, and you can paste it to share to other participants, including those without a Bluescape account. For more information, see Joining a Bluescape Meeting as a Visitor.
The meeting will display in a vertical list view by default. To change the view during a session:
Click the icon at the top left of the meeting panel.
A drop-down menu opens with the following options:
- The Minimized option reduces the size of the panel.
- The List option is the default view and displays participants in a vertical list.
- The Grid option displays participants in a dynamic grid with up to 25 tiles per participant in a single view. If the meeting has more than 25 participants, you can scroll down to view more participant tiles.
Note : You can move the viewing window in all views.
- Click the (More options) icon at the top right of the meeting panel.
- Click the A/V settings option in the context menu.
- Use the Microphone, Speaker, and Camera drop-down menus to configure your settings as needed.
- When you are finished, click Done .
These settings will be retained whenever you start or join a meeting.
All participants can record the audio of a Bluescape meeting. This can be used as reference after a meeting has occurred, or to provide to invitees who were unable to attend. After the meeting has ended, the meeting recording is saved as an .mp4 file.
Note: The recording does not display video feed or screen share; it only captures audio.
To record a meeting:
- Click the (More options) icon at the top-right of the meeting panel.
- A context menu opens. Click the Record meeting option.
Note that when you start a meeting from My Bluescape for the first time and you belong to multiple Bluescape Organizations, you will be prompted to select which Organization you want to contain the meeting recording.
- All participants are asked to give their consent to be recorded. If they do not consent, they will automatically exit the meeting. For participants within Bluescape, the following pop-up message displays:
Participants on the phone will receive a voice notification.
- A red dot displays at the top of the meeting panel to indicate that the meeting is recording, and remains until you end the recording.
- To end the recording, click the red dot icon.
- A context menu opens. Click the End recording option.
You can also end the meeting to stop recording.
When the meeting is finished, an email notification is sent to the participant who initiated recording. In addition, an .mp4 file of the meeting recording is saved. If the meeting occurs from within a workspace, the recording is saved to a canvas within that workspace.
If the meeting occurs within My Bluescape, the recording is saved as a canvas in the Meeting Recordings workspace. This workspace is automatically generated by Bluescape in the Organization that you specified.
If you are accidentally disconnected from a meeting, you will be prompted to rejoin the meeting when the page reloads. This is useful if you lose connectivity, or if the workspace needs to be refreshed.
Note: this option does not display if you exit the meeting of your own accord.
If you are the only attendee in a meeting for five minutes, you will be prompted to confirm you want to remain in the meeting for another 10 minutes. If you do not confirm within 60 seconds, the meeting will end.
To disconnect from the meeting, click the (End call) icon. You are removed from the meeting and are no longer broadcasting your video and/or audio; in addition, you are now unable to see or hear meeting participants.
Where to Next?
Not what you were looking for? Reply below or Search the community and discover more Bluescape.