Google Drive and Popsync
If you’re a Bluescape Enterprise user and an avid user of Google Drive, you’ll be pleased to know that Popsync by Bluescape can now connect to your account, making it even easier to search through your cloud images.
1. Getting Started
- In the Google App Console, open APIs & Services.
- At the top of the page, choose Select a project.
- Select New project.
- Set your project name and organization, then select Create.
- Select Credentials from the left pane.
- Select Create Credentials and OAuth client id.
- For Application type, select Web application and enter the idfed URL in the Redirect URLs section, then select Create.
Once created, refreshing the page shows the OAuth Client ID and OAuth Client Secret in the top right. Note these for your next configuration steps.
- Select OAuth consent screen > Internal > Create.
- Complete the App name and User support email fields, then select Save and continue.
- The OAuth consent screen appears. Enter the following scopes:
Once complete, select Save and continue. This takes you back to the dashboard screen.
2. After Completing your Google Drive Setup
- After purchasing Popsync with Cloud Drive Search, send a request to email@example.com indicating which of your Bluescape Orgs you want Popsync Google Drive Search enabled.
- For each Bluescape Org you would like to use Popsync Search with a configured Google Drive, log in as the Org Admin, at this link: https://admin.apps.us.bluescape.com/
- At the top right of the page, select the icon to open the Configuration Center.
- Select Integrations > MANAGE (under the Google Drive logo).
- Enter these three values, leaving the others to their default values:
a. Connection Name (name that appears to users in their Popsync provider list).
b. OAuth Client Id (from steps, above).
c. OAuth Client Secret (from steps above).
- Select OK.
3. Test your configuration
- Log into Bluescape Home.
- At the left, under Teams, select a Popsync-configured Bluescape Organization.
- Create a new Workspace.
- Open the Popsync provider list. The new Google Drive entry is present.
- Select the Login button next to it and use your username and password to allow Popsync access to your data.
- Confirm that a Popsync search of your Google Drive system works.
- It is possible to create a parent-folder-filtered search using the Advanced tab in the Popsync Configuration form. You can filter the search to a single parent folder by entering the folder ID.
- It is also possible to create multiple search entries for Popsync by selecting New Instance under the Select Instance field at the top of the Enable Search form.
- Each Bluescape user’s corresponding user must be given access to that drive’s folders to search content. If a user cannot use search to find their content, Popsync can also not find it.
The above instructions assume you are using standard Bluescape and SaaS services. If you are using custom, on-premises, or special (VPI) deployments of either service, contact Bluescape Support.
Where to Next?
Not what you were looking for? Reply below or Search the community and discover more Bluescape.