|This topic may not be relevant to all Bluescape members and may not apply to all Organizations. If you’re unsure whether your Organization has any of these features, please reach out to your IT department.|
Learn about Collaborating in Bluescape. Click to play the video.
Active collaborators are members who are working in a workspace in real-time. You can view which active collaborators are currently in a workspace.
To view active collaborators from within a workspace:
- Open a workspace
- Click your initials/profile avatar (also known as the Collaborators icon) in the top right corner of the workspace.
The Collaborators panel opens and displays all active collaborators.
Note: This area will display up to five active collaborators.
- You can follow a collaborator by clicking on their name.
Learn about leading and following collaborators in a workspace. Click to play the video.
Note: You can choose to toggle auto-follow leader ON or OFF from the Collaborators panel. You will now see the leader’s workspace view and all subsequent (and real-time) actions, even if this Leader designation changes from one collaborator to another. This is helpful for larger sessions where there may be multiple leaders or presenters.
You can view the cursor of each collaborator as they navigate a workspace. This significantly improves brainstorming sessions, workshops, and content revision workflows.
Similarly, Allie Armstrong would see JE’s cursor from her view of the workspace.
The cursors of all collaborators are displayed in the workspace, except in the following situations:
- Inactivity: If a member is idle for over 5 seconds, their cursor will no longer display to others. As soon as they move their cursor again, it will reappear.
- Leader/Follower mode: When a collaborator begins to lead a workspace, only their cursor displays. This ensures that the focus is on the leader’s movements in the workspace.
- Presentation mode: All cursors are hidden while a collaborator presents. This helps to avoid distraction from the presentation material.
Shared cursors are enabled by default, but individual members can disable it from their workspace view.
To disable shared cursors:
- Click the Collaborators icon at the top right of the workspace.
- The Collaborators panel opens.
Click the Show collaborator cursors toggler to move it to the grey “off” position.
The cursors of other collaborators will no longer display in this particular workspace, and only for your view of the workspace. In other words, members who have the setting turned on can still view your cursor and the cursors of other collaborators.
Where to Next?
Not what you were looking for? Reply below or Search the community and discover more Bluescape.