Bluescape can integrate with Zoom, a cloud-based teleconferencing platform. This integration allows you to schedule a meeting via MS Outlook and designate a workspace using the Bluescape add-in. Meeting attendees can access the Bluescape workspace (a persistent information repository) while communicating via Zoom.
With this integration, you can view documents, slides, videos, and other artifacts that a meeting participant shares; in addition, you can store and access these materials after the meeting concludes.
Administrators must complete tasks to set up or establish the Bluescape-Zoom integration for members:
- Create a JWT App – This action is required to allow members to join Zoom meetings from Bluescape workspaces.
- Create a Zoom OAuth App – This action is required for scheduling Zoom meetings in Bluescape workspaces using the Bluescape Outlook add-in.
- Enable Zoom in the Configuration Center – This action enables Zoom across a Bluescape Organization.
Each of these tasks is described below.
To configure Zoom integrations, the following conditions must be satisfied:
- You must be a Zoom admin or a Zoom member with the ability to build marketplace apps.
- Your role must have permissions that allow integrations to be used by Zoom members. Role settings can be found on the Zoom Admin dashboard at the following location:
Member Management > Role Management > role name > Advanced Features
Note : Only a single JWT app can be created for each Zoom account.
Navigate to App Marketplace and log in as a Zoom account admin.
Select the Create button for the JWT App type.
Note: If no Create button appears, you already might have an existing JWT app that you can use. In this case, select the View here link on the pop-up screen to view the existing app information.
- Note: If no Create button appears, you already might have an existing JWT app that you can use. In this case, select the View here link on the pop-up screen to view the existing app information.
On the Information tab, enter values in the following fields:
- App Name
- Company Name
- Developer Name (can be your own name)
- Developer Email Address (can be your own email)
Select to open the App Credentials tab; copy the values that appear in the API Key and API Secret fields before pasting them into a Notepad document. You will need these later when enabling Zoom in Bluescape.
On the Activation tab, confirm that the JWT app has been configured correctly. The screen should display the following message:
Note : This step is required for private instances, but optional for public instances. It provides control over tokens.
- Navigate to App Marketplace and log in as a Zoom account admin.
- Select the Create button for the OAuth App type.
- On the pop-up screen, provide the following information and then select the Create button.
- App Name—Enter Bluescape
- App type—Select the Member-managed app option
- Deselect the Would you like to publish this app on Zoom App Marketplace? option.
- On the App Credentials tab, copy the values in the Client ID and Client Secret fields. These will be used when configuring Zoom in Bluescape.
- In the Redirect URL for OAuth field, enter Popsync
- In the Whitelist UR L field, enter Popsync
- Select to open the Information tab; complete the following fields in the Basic Information region:
- App Name (should be pre-populated)
- Short Description
- Long Description
- Complete the following fields in the Developer Contact Information region:
- Name (can be your own name)
- Email Address (Rather than enter a specific member’s email address, it is recommended that you enter a Distribution List that includes your company’s IT group email address and the Zoom administrator’s email address. For example, email@example.com.
- Select to open the Scopes tab before selecting the Add Scopes button.
- On the Meeting tab of the Add scopes screen, select the following options:
- View your meetings
- View and manage your meetings
- On the Member tab, select the following option:
- View your member information
- Select the Done button.
- To verify that the installation was completed successfully, select the Activation tab.
- Select the Install button.
- An Authorization/Consent screen should appear indicating successful setup.
- Close the Authorization/Consent screen.
Zoom is configured in Bluescape via the Integrations tab in the Configuration Center. To enable the Zoom integration:
Navigate to the Integrations section of the Configuration Center by selecting the icon in the left navigation bar.
Select Enable located below the Zoom logo.
The Enable Zoom Integration pop-up window opens. Enter the following information:
- API Key
- API Secret
- Upon completion, select OK.
Zoom integration is enabled, and members can now conduct Zoom meetings in a workspace in your Organization.
Ownership : Client’s IT team.
Installing for All Members (Office 365 admin)
Log in to the Office 365 Admin Portal.
Navigate to Settings > Add-ins.
On the Services & add-in screen that appears, select the Deploy Add-in button.
- The New Add-In screen opens.
- Select the I have a URL for the manifest file radio button.
- Paste the following link in the text box below the radio button:
- Select Next.
- Review the add-in details. Select Next.
- Select how you want the add-in deployed at your Organization:
- Optional, enabled: The Bluescape for Outlook add-in will be added for all members, but they can remove it.
- Optional, disabled: All members will have the option to add Bluescape or Outlook, but it will not be added to Outlook by default.
- Mandatory, always enabled: The Bluescape for Outlook add-in will be added for all members, and they will not be able to disable it.
- Select Next.
- Select who has access to this add-in. You can search for groups to add them.
- Select Save.
- Select Close when the manifest file completes processing.
Members may need to restart their apps to view the new add-in. Depending on the number of members in your account, changes might take a few minutes to propagate to all members.
Ownership: The Client’s IT team using any account that is a member of the configured Organization and using a valid Zoom member account that is part of a configured Zoom company account.
- Open the Outlook add-in.
- Sign in to Bluescape/Zoom/Customer SSO.
- Create a test meeting.
- Send the meeting to the participants.
- Select the link in the email invitation.
- The workspace should open with the Zoom widget loaded.
If the workspace fails to open or the widget fails to load, contact Bluescape Support for assistance.
You can disable the integration between Bluescape and Zoom at any time. There are two aspects to this process:
- Disabling Zoom from Bluescape
- Disabling Bluescape from Zoom
To disable Zoom from Bluescape, contact Bluescape Support here and explain your request. A Support Agent will disable Zoom from your Bluescape Organization.
To disable Bluescape from Zoom:
- Navigate to the Zoom Marketplace at marketplace/zoom.us.
- Select Sign in, and log in as a Zoom account admin.
- Select Manage.
- Select Installed Apps.
- Locate Bluescape. Select Uninstall. Selecting Uninstall will display a confirmation to remove the app. You can grant or deny permission for the app developer to retain your data. If consent is granted, the data will not be deleted. If permission is not granted, the developer is required to follow the Marketplace Data Compliance requirements and delete the data within 10 days of app removal.