Detailed network requirements for Webex Teams services can be found at the following location:
Ownership: Client’s IT team and Cisco IT team.
Common Identity should be enabled by Cisco on the Client’s team request. It must be enabled for a Webex site to be used with the Bluescape Webex integration.
For more information about Common Identity, see the following links:
Ownership: Client’s IT team
The following services are required for the member to use both Webex Teams and Webex Meetings:
- For the Messaging service: Webex Teams should be selected
- For the Meeting service, Cisco Webex Team Meetings and Webex Enterprise Edition should be selected.
These services can be enabled by going to https://admin.webex.com and clicking the Members tab. After selecting the services you want, click Save to close the screen.
Webex members on your site must also be assigned the Join meetings from video systems privilege in order to be able to create meetings that can be joined via the Bluescape integration.
To set this privilege in Webex:
- Navigate to Member > Meeting > sitename.webex.com > Privileges (where sitename is the member’s Webex site name).
- Scroll to the Other Privileges section.
- Select the Join meetings from video systems checkbox.
Ownership: Client’s IT team using a Bluescape Organization Administrator account.
The Webex integration is configured in the Integrations tab of the Configuration Center.
To enable the Webex integration:
Navigate to the Integrations section of the Configuration Center by clicking the icon in the left navigation bar.
Click Enable under the Cisco Webex logo.
The Webex Integration pop-up window opens. Enter the Webex site name in the appropriate field. This is the subdomain part of your Webex Meetings site URL. Only a single site name is supported.
For https://client1.webex.com, set the client name to client1
For https://clientbeta2.webex.com, set the client name to clientbeta2
For https://beta10.my.webex.com, set the client name to beta10.my
Select both of the check-boxes to indicate that you accept the terms of the integration.
The Webex integration is enabled, and members can now hold Webex meetings in a workspace in your Organization.
Ownership: Client’s IT team using any account that is a member of the configured Organization and using a valid Webex account that is part of a configured Webex site name.
In the instructions below, the configured Organization name is Webex Org. There is at least one workspace with the ID workspace UID and the configured Webex site name is beta2.
- Join a meeting in a workspace.
- The Webex OAuth procedure should start.
- Enter the details for the Webex account that is part of the beta2 Webex site name.
- If the login is successful, the integration is complete.
- If the login is not successful, it could be due to one of the following:
- A missing Webex Common Identity feature, which was covered in the Preconfiguration Requirements section of this document.
- Misconfiguration of the Webex Site Name, which was covered in the Bluescape/Webex Configuration Requirements section of this document.
If neither of the above applies, create a topic in Integrations category and a member of the Community will respond.
Ownership: Client’s IT team.
Installing for All Members (Office 365 admin)
- Log in to the Office 365 Admin Portal.
- Navigate to Settings > Add-ins.
- On the Services & add-in screen that appears, click the Deploy Add-in button.
The New Add-In screen opens.
- Select the I have a URL for the manifest file radio button.
- Paste the following link in the text box below the radio button:
- Click Next .
- Review the add-in details, then click Next.
- Select how you want the add-in deployed at your organization:
- Optional, enabled: The Bluescape for Outlook add-in will be added for all of your members, but they can remove it.
- Optional, disabled: All members will have the option to add Bluescape or Outlook, but it will not be added to their Outlook by default.
- Mandatory, always enabled: The Bluescape for Outlook add-in will be added for all of your members and they will not be able to disable it.
- Click Next.
- Select who has access to this add-in. You can search for groups to add them.
- Click Save.
- Click Close when the manifest file finishes processing.
Members may need to restart their apps to see the new add-in. Depending on the number of members in your account, changes might also take a few minutes to propagate to all members.
Note: This document covered the Centralized Deployment approach. For other ways to deploy the Bluescape Outlook Add-in, refer to the following link: Deploy and publish Office Add-ins - Office Add-ins | Microsoft Docs.