Accessing Bluescape on Mobile

Accessing Bluescape on mobile devices makes your workspaces available whenever and wherever you need them. To use your mobile device with Bluescape, log in via a web browser like Safari or Google Chrome. The recommended experience is to use a tablet for the greater screen size.

The workspace will appear the same regardless of what device you use. Although toolbars may be condensed based on screen space available. You can always decrease the interface scale or hide the toolbars to see more content simultaneously.

Login to Bluescape

1. Open the internet browser of your choice and go to Bluescape. https://client.apps.us.bluescape.com/my

2. Login using your Bluescape, Google, or Microsoft credentials.

3. Search for or scroll to select the workspace you want to open.

Saving Bluescape as a bookmark on an iPad

For a simpler and faster login experience, it is recommended to bookmark Bluescape Home on your iPad or tablet. The below links are resources for saving bookmarks on iPads.

Adding photos or videos :camera:

A bonus to using Bluescape on your mobile device is that you can take pictures directly from the device and have them automatically added to your workspace. To upload photos or videos:

1. Select :add_content: (Add content) on the workspace toolbar.

2. Select :upload: (Upload file).

3. There will be three options available to you:

• Photo Library: Upload photos and videos already available on the device.
  • Take Photo or Video: Opens the camera to take a new photo or video that will be added to the workspaces when captured.
  • Choose Files: Select from files saved to the device.

Once you have either taken a photo or video or selected a file from the device, the item(s) will be uploaded in the middle of the screen.

Known Limitations

If you would like to discuss our mobile application package, please inquire here to discuss with a team member.

1 Like

Is it possible to use the Lasso tool in the mobile app (iPad)?

Hi @Thomas_Pofahl,

Thanks for your question! We’ve connected with our product team for confirmation and more info. We will get back to you as soon as we receive. :slight_smile:

@Thomas_Pofahl thank you for reaching out. Currently the Lasso tool is not available on the iPad mobile app.

@sg1 - Looks like it works if you pair a keyboard to the iPad!

3 Likes

That is great to hear thank you for trying that out @Thomas_Pofahl!

I really don’t understand why the iPad Apple Pencil support is so bad. There are no preferences for changing any of the behavior of using the Apple Pencil with the app and I still have to select the pen option before I can free-form draw/write anyway. The general expectation when using an app supporting Apple Pencil is that you don’t have to manually select pen as the input when switching from touch to pencil input. It’s just so cumbersome to use in Bluescape as a result. Past that, I can’t even get ‘undo’ to work at all, so I end up having to go through a lot of steps just to delete what I drew incorrectly.

Hi @Tundrok thank you for your feedback. We are working on improving the Apple Pencil behavior. Please stay tuned for our future releases on this. Also for ‘undo’ can you please confirm if this behavior is seen during free-form drawing and also if you are seeing this on the iPad app. Thanks.

Aside from mobile app, is there a way to take a picture using my laptop camera to upload to the workspace?

@BayAreaCSM This functionality is only available through the mobile app.

If you would like to share how adding this to the web or native application would help you achieve more with Bluescape, please share in Product Feedback. That way, others can vote on the feedback as well. :slight_smile: