Notecards include preset sizes – small, medium, and large – to promote workspace uniformity. You can adjust the workspace color schemes to emphasize the notecard border or frame. For example, while the notecard drop shadow is more visible in light mode , the rounded edges are more evident when using dark mode . Learn how to change the background of your workspace.
To add a Notecard:
- From the workspace toolbar, click the (Notecard) icon.
- From the Notecard modal, select a color. You can also create and select a custom color.
- Hover the cursor over the preferred workspace area and click your mouse to insert the notecard.
The Notecard appears in the workspace along with its associated Text toolbar.
When adding and customizing notecards, two toolbars are available:
- Text Toolbar
- Notecard Toolbar
|Font Size||Allows you to select a font size. The default font size is auto. You can change the default to a smaller size, creating consistency among the notecard text when multiple assets are in use.|
|Style||Allows you to select bold, italic, underline, and strikethrough.|
|Alignment||Allows you to arrange or organize text, aligning all text in the notecard simultaneously. You can align text left, right, and center as well as top, bottom, and middle.|
|X||Allows you to exit text mode, moving focus from the Text to the Notecard toolbar.|
|Shape||Provides a range of shapes to add to your workspace.|
|Fill Color||Provides several colors to apply to the notecard background.|
|Card Size||Allows you to change the notecard size, selecting from Small, Medium, and Large.|
|Add Text||Allows you to include written content. Selecting this icon provides access to the Text toolbar. You may need to double-click the notecard to enter text (sometimes performing this action twice contingent upon the current zoom level).|
|Add Connecting Line||Allows you to include lines (and different line types) in your workspace, enabling you to link or join objects.|
|Add Reaction||Allows you to react with an emoji on the notecard. Learn more about reactions/emojis.|
|More||Allows you to choose from additional actions such as Pin, Comment, Download, Arrange, Duplicate, and Delete.|
|Pin||Locks the notecard to its current workspace location.|
|Comment||Allows you to add feedback or commentary.|
|Download||Allows you to copy the notecard to your local machine or a preferred location.|
|Arrange||Allows you to Send to Front or Send to Back , moving the Notecard to the foreground or background. The Shift ] and Shift [ keyboard shortcuts (respectively) also allow you to perform these actions.|
|Duplicate||Creates a copy of the notecard, which will appear immediately to the right of the original.|
|Delete||Removes the notecard.|
To customize a Notecard:
- Use the Text toolbar to change the Font Size, Style, and Alignment.
- Use the Notecard toolbar to change the Shape, Fill Color, Card Size, Text, and even Add Connecting Lines.
- To apply changes, click outside the notecard.
You can scale square-shaped notecards while maintaining the aspect ratio. You also can add and edit notecards from the Web client and render them to a Bluescape Wall. In addition, you can attach Notecards to other workspace assets.
You can copy cell content from XLS, XLSX, or CSV files, then paste this content into notecards. This is useful if you need to quickly copy spreadsheet content as text.
To copy and paste spreadsheet content into notecards:
- Open an Excel spreadsheet and highlight the preferred Excel cells.
- Use the keyboard shortcuts – Ctrl C (for PCs) or Command C (for Macs) – to copy the spreadsheet content.
- Open the destination workspace.
- Use the keyboard shortcuts – Ctrl V (for PCs) or Command V (for Macs) – to paste the spreadsheet content.
- From the Do you want to paste as image or text? modal that opens, select Text or Image – using the Text and Notecard toolbar icons to customize this content.
Paste spreadsheet content as text (after customization):
Paste spreadsheet content as image:
You can group select multiple notecards and download them to CSV files. Notecard text will appear in a spreadsheet cell.
To download notecards to CSV files:
- Group select multiple notecards.
- Click the![Graphical user interface Description automatically generated with medium confidence (More Options) icon to access a flyout menu.
- From this menu, click Export CSV.
- A CSV file downloads to your local machine with the text from each notecard displaying in a separate cell.